Food at Strand Cottage
for eating out
A selection of cereals, fruit juice, toast and preserves
are available for you.
Followed by a choice from the following
full English breakfast, which is:
Best back bacon, sausage, mushrooms,
tomatoes, baked beans and eggs.
Smoked salmon with creamy scrambled eggs.
Mushroom, cheese or plain omelette.
Kippers (smoked herrings)
Poached or scrambled eggs on toast.
Tomatoes or baked beans on toast.
Vegetarian sausage available
- We try to source our produce locally and when possible we make our own bread.
- Free range eggs are always used, as are fairtrade products when possible.
- If there are any special dietary requirements please contact us and we will do our best to satisfy them.
There are many local places to eat out or if you prefer you are welcome to bring in a take away meal and wine to have in our dining room. Just ask for the plates and glasses.
- Take aways are located in both Haltwhistle and Haydon Bridge.
- An Indian which also does pizzas, a Chinese and Fish and chip shops.
- In Bardon Mill there is a friendly pub which will be serving food during the summer months..
- Four miles from here in Haltwhistle (the centre of Britain) there are 2 public houses, one restaurant and several café’s which serve food daily.
- On the military road three miles from here very close to Hadrian’s Wall are The Twice Brewed and Milecastle inns, both of which have excellent reputations for food, which is served all day long in summer.
- Located close to Haydon Bridge is Langley Castle, a very popular venue for weddings where non residents can partake of morning coffee in ostentatious surroundings.